- 2 acorn squash
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 pitted dates
- 8 walnut halves
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Slice squashes crosswise in order to get at least 3 slices with complete holes per squash*. Your good slices should be about 3/4″ inch thick.
- Remove the seeds and place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is in the oven, place walnuts and dates on a cutting board and chop them simultaneously until their texture resembles that of coarse sand.
- Take the squash out of the oven and drizzle each slice with a little bit of olive oil.
- Crack an egg directly in the center of each slice, sprinkle eggs with a little bit of salt and pepper and sprinkle date/walnut crumble over the entire surface of the squash slices and eggs
- Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are done to your likin
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (the more ripe/spotty the better)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- heaping 1/3 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax (optional, see note)
- For garnish: soaked almonds, pepita seeds, hemp hearts, cinnamon, toasted coconut, nut butter, spices (cinnamon, ginger, allspice)
- The night before: Grab a medium bowl and mash the banana until smooth. Now stir in the chia, oats, cinnamon, milk, and water until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Scoop the oat mixture into a medium pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat immediately to medium-low, and stir frequently until heated throughout and thickened. At the end of cooking, stir in flax (optional).
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 15 g (about 1 scoop) vanilla pea protein powder
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cold water, more as needed
For the toppings:
- 1/4 cup sliced banana
- 1/4 sliced kiwi
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients in blender and mix until everything is smooth and well blended.
- Add the cold water as needed, to desired thickness.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with fruit and coconut flakes.